Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just One Thing :: Day 3 {Jessie}


When will I learn? Yesterday I worked myself into another migraine by pushing myself past my limit in an attempt to find order in my studio. Having just moved in, there is lots of work to do. Yesterday, I got a fire in me to paint the entire back wall and then work on unpacking and organizing in ridiculously hot summer heat. I did the same thing to myself just two days ago. Dumb.

I did, however, find another 3 things to get rid of (that's a good thing!). The two books, The Reenchantment of Art and A Short Guide to Writing About Art were no-brainers. Both books are from art school days and I never liked either of them. The third, a small bottle of chili powder, instigated a small argument with my husband. I'm getting rid of it because we are already have a fresher, higher quality bottle of chili powder in the spice cabinet. This is silly. Arguing over a 99 cent container of crappy spices? I admit: I'm a spice snob. I'm snobby about coffee, olives, and cheese, too--but that's another topic. ;) In order to declutter we actually have to get rid of things. Half the things I've gotten rid of, so far, my husband has tried to talk me out of for one reason or another.

I'm beginning to realize that I am not the only problem here.

No comments:

Post a Comment