Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just One Thing :: Day 2 {Jessie}

Yesterday (day 2) I did not do any unpacking. That made it harder. I started to wonder if it would be too hard to get rid of one thing every day. Then I thought about the kazillion loads of STUFF we hauled to our new place--in both our cars (many trips) AND the big moving van and I reminded myself that the thought of running out of stuff to get rid of was crazy talk.

And so yesterday I got rid of an interesting little chopper that my mother-in-law gave us from a trip she took to Alaska about 4 years ago. It's actually pretty cool. The knife is scary sharp and it's pretty too! But let's face it: we've never used it and we never will. It requires you to cut the vegetable in strips before chopping it with this thing-a-ma-jig. Not realistic at all. Why would I get three things dirty when I only need one knife?

As I write about this beautiful little creation, I am feeling my absolute non-attachment to it. Was I just holding onto it as nostalgia of a trip that my husband's mom went on? What? I love her dearly, but that doesn't make any sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment